Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A few finishes.....

A baby quilt for a friend due any day now - she'll have to wait until baby is here for it to be quilted.  Maybe someday I'll make a baby quilt that arrives before the baby does!  I've always wanted to make a pinwheel quilt - this is my first.
Here is Julia's quilt top finished - this was my first quilt that I appliqued.  Not really sure if I like applique or not.  What do you like to use for a fusible web - I can't seem to find one that I really like! 
And finally a finish before the next block arrives on the 15th of the month.  This is Hannah & Harrington's July block.  I use Steam-2-Steam for these blocks and they seem to hold pretty well.  I used it for Julia's quilt also and the flowers didn't really stick as well as they should.  I had to do quite a few a second time.

AND..........about the computer picture problem, I'll share what I learned.  Actually it's what my husband learned because I refused to call the technical people at the cable company.  They always make me feel completely computer illiterate.  If you are having problems downloading/uploading, you can test your computer speed at a place called "Speedtest.net".  Check the download/upload speed with your router plugged in.  Then, you plug in an ethernet cable into the router so that you are connected directly to the internet (rather than being wireless). If the speeds improve dramatically like they did for us - then it's a router problem.  A new router will be delivered to us in a few days and I'm plugged into the internet directly to load these pictures.  Now I don't feel so illiterate!! Makes perfect sense now, doesn't it?!  It was great to see that little upload bar actually work when I uploaded the pictures.  Funny how little things can make us happy! 

I almost forgot, the lottery gods were smiling down on me and I was so fortunate to win Margot's giveaway over at The Pattern Basket.  Look at what I won!  I've admired this fabric for months - I actually had it bookmarked to purchase when I received some extra spending money later in the year.  So, now I will get the fabric I've been waiting for - pain free! How lucky I am!!

This is the pattern I think I am going to use this luscious fabric on.  It's from Ellie's Quiltplace - a new to me site that I found recently.  Ellie is one talented designer!!
If you've made it this far, I am finished for this post - lots of time to make up for and lots to show you.  I think I've been creative lately because I finally set up my sewing table in my bedroom (rather than sewing at my dining room table).  It's made a huge difference in me wanting to sew - and it's made me happy. 

Thanks for coming along for the ride today!

5 comments:

  1. I love pinwheels and yours is so pretty. Like you, I am not a fan of applique (done by me kind, anyway) so I am not the one to ask about fusible advice.

    Router problems? Who knew? I am glad that I am the only one who feels illiterate when I talk with the techs.

    Congratulations on the win. That will be perfect for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the finishes!!! Love the fabric you won, SWEET!!! Nice to know about the speed test!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finishes Laurie! They look wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts!!!!!!! Love the little block! Congrats on the win, how fun is that?!?!?! And don't you just hate computer issues?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy, those quilts look lovely. Congrats on your fabric win too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate you coming to my blog and reading what I have to share. And I especially want to say thank you for taking the time to comment!